Shopify – Homepage Landing Page
For many web-based businesses, the homepage is the number one location to recruit new users, customers, converts, raving fans, etc. The website at Shopify.com does an excellent job of telling people exactly what they do… and they make it stupid-simple for the user to sign up for their own Shopify online store. The image above shows what is currently on the Shopify.com website. What you see here is what appears above the fold, whereas there is a bunch of additional information below the fold that is not depicted in this screenshot. This landing page style homepage does five simple things:
1. Tells the customer what this website is all about (Shopify: Create your online store today).
2. Lists the four main reasons you should sign up for Shopify.
3. Shows what the Shopify user and backend experience looks like.
4. Has two, large buttons which can be pressed to sign up for a Shopify storefront (the large blue circle in the upper right-hand corner that says “FREE 30-Day Trial” and the large green button in the bottom left corner that reads “OPEN YOUR STORE NOW”).
5. And the “Featured In” section at the bottom of the page adds some reputability to the Shopify service (similar to customer testimonials).