Amy&Pink – German Lifestyle Magazine
Warning: This website contains nudity. Hit your back button if that kind of stuff offends you. Or scroll down if you want to see an example of beautiful magazine-style website design.
The German lifestyle website at www.amypink.com is a beautiful example of a magazine inspired web blog. The photo-centric website is pretty much pixel-perfect and features the following inspirational design elements:
- A large, full-screen background image that changes on a regular basis.
- A unique 1,116 pixel width wrap (which allows for 300×250 ads in the sidebar and large photos in the main content area)
- A large 728×90 ad space in the header that occasionally extends to the right and beyond the normal width of the site to display additional ads running down the length of the main content area (surely a big money-maker for the website).
- A consistent white, black and pink design with other colors mixed in (each color corresponding to a different category/subject matter) so as to not make you sick of seeing so much pink.
- High-quality (and frequent nude) photos (that draw you further into the site).
- A fast scrolling new article sidebar widget.
- Fun grid-based photo galleries.
- And content that is easy to find (because it has been divided into easy to understand categories like: life, music, art, fashion, film, nerd stuff, literature, japan, sex, backstage, videos, etc.)